Demirkoy Municipality is a one from 51 District municipalities and one from total 1393 municipalities located in Turkey. It is a public institution registered as municipality administration of Demirkoy with Public Low in 1953.
Demirkoy municipality is a small municipality located in the Northern European part of the country, bordering with Bulgaria.
The municipality administration of Demirkoy is responsible for general management and providing of the public services in the scope of the municipality borders.
The municipality administration has more than 40 people staff and all needful administrative, technical and financial resources for management and realization of international projects.
Relating to the AgriTradeNet project the PP – Demirkoy municipality will provide support to the local businesses and especially agricultural producers, ensuring to them the sustainable conditions for marketing and presenting of their local products in the center of the municipality.
The main public services of this district municipality administration that has been provided to the nearly 8500 citizens are:
- Make land development plans of all scales;
- Issue building licenses;
- Issue business licenses;
- Provide water and sewer services;
- Collect and dispose of waste;
- Protect environment, create green areas and parks;
- Ensure orderly urbanization and produce landlots and housing to that end;
- Build infrastructure as required for economy and trade;
- Provide fire-fighting and emergency services;
- Build cemeteries, provide burial services;
- Reduce poverty;
- Provide culture, arts, sports, tourism and publicity services;
- Build and maintain schools and places of worship owned by the state (optional).
Joint Operational Programme Black Sea Basin 2014-2020 is co-financed by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument and by the participating countries: Armenia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Turkey and Ukraine. This publication has been produced with the financial assistance of theEuropean Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of TRADERS’ ASSOCIATION OF THESSALONIKI (ESTH) and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
Last update: 18.11.2019